"COURSE NAME" is Distance Learning Modules Under Development.
This web site is to be used by State of Arizona Employees in DES.
You must request a login to use this web site. Details available soon.
After registration and login, then you may begin using this web site.
Overall Objective for the On-Line Distance Learning Program:
The Arizona Center for the Blind & Visually Impaired (ACBVI) in partnership with the Arizona Rehabilitation Service Administration (RSA) has implemented a disability related On-Line Distance Learning Program for DES/RSA staff and employers in the State of Arizona.The On-Line Distance Learning Program will provide disability awareness training and information related to the assistive technology used to overcome the challenges encountered by job seekers who have a disability. The information provided in this program will meet or exceed the requirements for granting CRC credits for completion of the individual courses.
To gain the most from the course, you should have familiarity with:
- Using a web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) to browse the Internet.
- Text File Name
- Word File Name .
To participate in the course, you need to have access to a computer that has:
- An Internet connection.
- Web browser to view web pages (i.e. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
- Software to view Word files (i.e. download Word Viewer)
- Software to view PDF files (or download Adobe PDF Reader)
Content of Course
This X-topic course may be accessed at any time using a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. Each topic contains X-Y pages of relevant information, as well as:
- Multiple-choice, True / False, and Yes / No self-tests to "Apply Your Knowledge."
- Relevant questions and additional resources.
- Glossary of Terms and Acronyms for further reference.
The first X topics (Y-Z) explore various core concepts, such as .... The other X topics (Y-Z) are case studies that offer the opportunity to practice the information presented in the first half of this course.
Topics in entire Distance Learning Module:
- General Disability Awareness
- Augmentive and Alternative Communication
- Blind and Visual Impairments
- Cognitive Challenges
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Ergonomic Challenges
After completing all 6 modules, a Post Test is being developed.
Questions on registration or problems in accessing course?
Please use the Feedback Form for any questions or problems with our web site, thank you.
All inquiries and requests for assistance are strictly confidential. We respect the importance of your inquiry and will respond as soon as possible.